About TOWA

Home > About TOWA > History

History

History Awards

History

1951
Towa Pharmaceutical Company establishes at Awaji-cho, Higashi-ku, Osaka.
1957
Upon relocation to Dosho-machi, Higashi-ku, Osaka, Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd (abbreviated as Towa) is established and incorporated.
The Gamo Plant is constructed at Gamo-cho, Jyoto-ku, Osaka.
1964
Neyagawa Plant is constructed at Kamikamida, Neyagawa, Osaka.
Gamo Plant is closed and unified to Neyagawa Plant.
1974
Towa moves its corporate headquarters to new office in Matsuo-cho, Kadoma, Osaka.
1975
The Kadoma Plant is constructed at Kuwazai-shinmachi, Kadoma, Osaka.
1978
The Osaka Plant is constructed at the headquarters site.
Neyagawa Plant is unified to Osaka Plant and Kadoma Plant.
Kadoma Laboratory is constructed at Kuwazai-shinmachi, Kadoma, Osaka.
Distribution Center is constructed in Fukata-cho, Kadoma, Osaka.
1982
Osaka Plant Annex is constructed at Yanagida-cho, Kadoma, Osaka.
Kadoma Laboratory enlarges to conform to GLP.
1983
The Okayama Plant is constructed at the Shoo Industrial Park in Okayama.
1984
Towa acquires Beppu Hot Spring Science Institute Ltd., renames it Oita Plant, and starts manufacturing injections there.
1987
Kadoma Plant is closed and unified to Osaka Plant and Okayama Plant.
1989
Three sales company, Towa Pharmaceutical Sales Co., Ltd., Hanshin Towa Pharmaceutical Sales Co., Ltd., and Towa Pharmaceutical Tokyo sales Co., Ltd. are consolidated.
1994
Towa's shares are listed on the over-the-counter market of the Japan Securities Dealers Association.
1995
Distribution center is constructed in the Okayama Plant site.
1997
Towa moves its corporate headquarters to newly built office in Shinbashi-cho, Kadoma, Osaka.
1998
Osaka Research Center and Osaka Distribution Center are constructed at Ichiban-cho, Kadoma, Osaka.
Towa purchases Mect Co., Ltd.'s Tohoku Plant, re-opens it as Yamagata Daiichi Plant.
2003
Towa purchases J-Dolph Co., Ltd., and makes it subsidiary.
2004
Towa's shares are listed on the second of Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
2005
Listing of Towa's share transfers to the first section of TSE.
2006
Osaka Daini Plant is closed and unified to the Osaka plant which is constructed at Matsuo-cho, Kadoma, Japan.
2009
Oita Plant is closed and unified to the Okayama plant.
2010
Towa purchases Daichi Kasei Co., Ltd., and makes it subsidiary.
2012
Yamagata Plant is constructed at Kaminoyama, Yamagata.
East Japan Distribution Center is constructed at Kaminoyama, Yamagata.
West Japan Distribution Center is constructed at the Shoo Industrial Park in Okayama.
Osaka and Okayama Distribution Center are closed.
2014
Yamagata Daiichi Plant is closed.
2016
Established Greencaps Pharmacetical Co.,Ltd. JV with Sankyo Co., Ltd.
2017
East Japan Distribution Center is moved and constructed at Yamagata, Yamagata.

History

2009
"Amlodipine OD tablet 'Towa'"wins the Generic Drug of the Year 2009 Award.
2010
"Levofloxacin oral solution 25mg/mL 'Towa'" wins "2010 Excellent Generic Promotion Award."
"RACTAB Technologies" wins "Asahi Kasei Encouragement Award of Pharmaceutics" from Academy of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology.
2012
"Elpinan DS for pediatric 1%" wins the Generic Drug of the Year 2012 Award.
"RACTAB Technologies" wins the Good Design Award 2012.
2013
"Paroxetine OD tablet 10mg/20mg 'Towa'" wins "2013 Excellent Generic Promotion Award."

Home > About TOWA > History
© Copyright TOWA PHARMACEUTICAL CO.,LTD. All Rights Reserved.